Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Drawing! Finally!

You might remember that I postponed Friday Sketch for a few weeks because I was working on something big. Kiersten asked me to do a guest post while she was in Romania, and I decided to do a drawing for her. Of course this drawing had to be spectacular, and I finally get to share it! (click image to zoom)

This is Reth from her upcoming debut book Paranormalcy. Of course you guys know I love this book—how can you not? But I don't love it just because she's my best friend. It's honestly a Good Book. Kiersten has taught me so much about writing. She'd never admit to it, but she's much better than me and I'm privileged to learn and read her stuff.

Sorry, folks, I already claim the title of #1 Fangirl. I have at least three fanart pictures to back me up, and surely more to come. Also, I own this shirt, which she sent to me because she knew I'd hunt her down if she didn't.

So BACK OFF.

18 comments:

  1. Okay, I couldn't zoom in on Kiersten's blog, but I can on yours and WOW. I love his eyes. And the detail is amazing. Natalie, this is one of your best.

    That shirt is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the detailing on the rail posts. It looks amazing in zoom and in the smaller window.

    Did you do this on the tablet or free hand? If you got lines that clean freehand, I may have to smack you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that t-shirt....I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UH-DORABLE!

    Also, you manage to not have it backwards like she did, haha, props.

    And that drawing was well worth the wait. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! Drawing is something I wish a could do, but maybe in the next life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Natalie! Are you on DeviantArt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention that my favorite part is actually the texture of the background, the trees are lovely ... but of course that's only because there are so many wonderful aspects to this drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Reth. He's so hot. I can't stop looking at his fictional pecs. I am very excited to read Paranormalcy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the picture. The background is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drooling at Reth's hotness. :)

    Love the detail in that drawing too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous picture!! :D You're so talented.

    And I'm jealous. I finally got to read a small excerpt on the Harperteen sight (I think that's where it was.) and I'm more excited than ever for it now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous. You are one talented woman.

    And the T-shirt rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's amazing! You're so talented.

    Now I'm even more excited to read Paranormalcy! Come one international shipping!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one awesome picture, makes me want to read the book even more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I'm loving your artwork :) I love all the details in his features and how the colours work well together in the overall picture. You have an amazing talent!

    And Paranormalcy sounds awesome. Cant wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to know the story behind his eyes. Very nice, as usual. The background is especially cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look like you've just cast a very naughty spell on someone in the full knowledge that it will be several days before your naughtiness is revealed to them.

    ReplyDelete