Friday, January 11, 2013

My UK Cover! + Transparent ARC Winner #2!

Hey look! It's my UK cover! I linked to this late on Saturday of last week, so I figure a lot of people missed it. So I wanted to show it off today.

I love that I get to see two very different visual interpretations of my novel, and as you can see the UK edition highlights more of the fun, comic book aspect of TRANSPARENT. In a lot of ways, this cover is so representative of what you'll find inside the book. Thank you, Hot Key Books, for giving me such a fun cover!

Also, I've been told there will be embossing. Fiona's outline will be embossed over the clothing, so that she'll look like an invisible figure popping out from the cover. Awesome, right? I'm very exciting about this and can't wait to see it in person.

***

And now I must announce the winner of my 2nd giveaway! This person will receive a signed ARC, a blueberry Pop Tart charm, and some bookmarks. And maybe some funny glasses if I can find some before I send the package. So, without further ado, the winner is:

Lynn Kysh!

Congrats! Please contact me at natalie (at) nataliewhipple (dot) com so that we can work out details.

And this isn't the last giveaway, I promise! I still have three more ARCs to pass out online, and a couple reserved for conference giveaways. Keep your eyes out for those!

16 comments:

  1. Ooh! The embossing effect sounds very, very cool. Congrats on another great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of embossing that already-nice cover with the invisible form is FANTASTIC. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Also I was wondering if "Transparent" is a planned standalone or did you leave an opening for a sequel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savanna, that is very up in the air right now. There is definitely room for more story, but I also feel the book ends in a good place. As of right now, there are no sequels in the works. Not saying there never will be. We'll see:)

      Delete
  4. Haha! Wow I LOVE the UK cover. Transparent needs to come out soon because I'm not sure how long I can wait to read it. Congrats Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lynn! And wow, what a cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The embossing will be cool to see.

    ReplyDelete