Wednesday, September 8, 2010

You're Only A Day Away...

Tomorrow! The Dread Pirate Sara comes to visit me tomorrow! I'm so excited. I've known Sara for about two years; she is one of my dearest friends.

And we've never met!

It's because she has to live all the way in Ohio. Ugh. Why do so many of my friends live so far away?

But by some amazing stroke of luck she gets to come here! And we get to hang out for five days and go to Kiersten's signing and party Utah style (which, uh, means food and laughing and pretending lame things are awesome [for reals]).

You know, whatever comes of all this writing stuff, I think my most cherished treasure is my friends. Cheesy as it may be, it's true. They are awesome, and I'm so lucky to have every single one of them.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to clean. A lot.

...after I finish watching the end of Avatar: The Last Airbender, of course.

17 comments:

  1. Muwahaha! I need to help clean tonight, too.

    ...after I watch some more of Avatar: The Last Airbender, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for both of you!!!! Live it up and go eat sushi...if she likes sushi. Hehe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!! I hope you all have a FABULOUS time! Give Sara & Kiersten a hug for me! (Okay, not Kiersten. We know how she feels about hugs.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just met a blogging friend in person a few weeks ago. Have a wonderful time together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *dances*

    *trips*

    *keeps dancing*

    SO PUMPED!!! I'm going to take SO MANY PICTURES of us doing silly and writerly things. Be prepared to be massively photographed.

    Partying Utah style has to be better than partying Ohio style. I'm bring candy corn just so you can have a taste of the awesome that is partying Ohio style. Woot.

    *dances off to double check suitcase contents*

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post is made of awesome. :)

    I've met Sara once but she's amazing. Even though we only live about an hour apart, we haven't been able to meet up more often. But you'll have fun. I'm envious of you both getting to go to Kiersten's signing :P

    Also, I'm waiting to read a post gushing about Avartar: The Last Airbender. Another show made of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, writing: Bringing the crazy together OUTSIDE of the institution. Heh. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun. Everybody in Utah has all the fun. Why doesn't anyone ever come to Kansas. We have cows. And corn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds so fun, hope you all have a marvelous time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun. You guys are going to have a blast. Somebody told me there's a conference coming up here in France. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have fun. I'm extremely jealous. And ditto on the whole friends being the best thing to come out of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so envious! Of both of you!

    I've met some of my dearest friends online and it's sheer joy when we can meet up in monkeyspace too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does Ohio have an unusual amount of writers, or am I just biased?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Avatar ROCKS!!! Fave non-Japanese anime :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheesy, but definitely true. The three friends I've gotten closest to in the years since school ended all started as writing friends. Now they're so much more. :)

    ReplyDelete