Wednesday, April 27, 2011

5 Things I'm Loving

Stealing from my dear Steph today, since I always love her 5 things posts. I like happy posts! I feel like I've been too serious lately, tense. Okay, I HAVE been tense. But I've also been having fun, so maybe I should show it a little.

1. The Downtown Fiction—I Just Wanna Run



I know, I'm 27, but I don't think I'll ever stop liking this kind of music. And this song? PERFECT for Transparent. It's cool to find music that reminds you of your book, even after you've finished writing. This has Fiona written all over it.

I will not tell you how many times I've watched this.

And I certainly won't confess to imagining a character in House of Ivy and Sorrow looking almost exactly like the lead singer.

And, no, I don't know that the lead singer's name is Cameron.

Great, now I sound creepy.

2. Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit



Kick-A female lead? Yes, please. Balsa, a mercenary bodyguard, is charged with guarding a very important person—the second prince, who carries something very valuable inside him.

Love the animation, and the story is fabulous so far. I have about 10 episodes left. It's based on a novel, which is SUPER cool. Usually it goes from manga to anime to, occasionally, a novel. But yay for novel to anime! Dude, if any of my books were turned into an anime series, I would die of happiness.

3. The Voice
Dude, I loved it. I loved the blind auditions. I loved them fighting over the singers. I loved the whole last chance at the dream thing. Yes, I'm cheesy. I don't care.

4. X-Men: First Class

I have always loved X-Men. I grew up watching the cartoon. It was my favorite part of Saturday morning. This move? SO EXCITED FOR IT. I mean, James freaking McAvoy as young Professor? It's like they reached into my brain and made its dreams come true.

5. Making Pretty Cupcakes
I totally made these for Easter. They went over well.

I like cooking more than baking, but I've taken to messing around with cupcakes lately. They're fun. I like pretty things. I like EATING pretty things. And besides, homemade frosting? Way better. If I'm gonna be bad and have dessert, I figure it better be GOOD dessert.

What are you loving today?

18 comments:

  1. I'm loving the tulips that are *finally* staring to bloom in my front yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for X-men! I totally had a crush on Wolverine as a little girl. Is that twisted? Possibly. I'm with you on James McAvoy as the Professor. A-MA-ZING.

    And your cupcakes totally rock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcakes look delicious!

    I'm a bit iffy on the X-Men reboot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I'm 33 and I still like that kind of music. Age means nothing. Those boys are adorable. And so is James McAvoy.

    I'm loving that the sun finally decided to show itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you...I enjoy cooking WAY more than baking...but I adore eating baked goods!! I think it's because baking is so precise. With cooking, there is room for creativity and adjusting and estimating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the SUN! I swear I haven't seen it since October.

    (New to the blog. Great place you have here:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving The Voice too!! It doesn't hurt that the main guy in my first book is based on Adam Levine. There was much swooning in my house last night while watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched The Voice last night and loved it. I can't wait to see more next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all can have McAvoy, as long as I get Michael Fassbender!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! I've *read* Moribito! One of those books I just randomly picked uo off the library shelf. It was good; I'm pleased to see it's been adapted.

    And for the music – broadly fun high schooler music is totally appropriate for a YA writer! As are what I like to call "writer-crushes" on said band boys.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! I may have to steal this 5 things idea too! Such fun.
    Totally agree with you on the X-men and The Voice. Adam is so witty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. I'm glad you are having fun!
    2. You are NOT creepy. Now watching Hansen on DWTS last night and thinking that they grew into hot "men," that's creepy!
    3. Voice is awesome.
    4. Loved the X-Men cartoons as a kid. Love anything X-Men.
    5. Those cupcakes look DIVINE. You are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am going to have to check out that anime! It looks awesome :)

    What am I loving this week? The fact I'm one week closer to this pregnancy being over and meeting my first little one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cupcakes. I can't comment on the rest of the post because all I want are those divine cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm 27 and I think that song is SO FUN. ;) And you're right, it's always fun to find songs that make us think of stories/characters. :D

    I'm going to go look into that anime right now.

    I haven't seen Voice, but everyone was Tweeting about it yesterday.

    X-MEN!!!!! My eight-year-old recently got interested in the X-Men, and I told him I have hundreds of X-Men comics in the attic. It'll be fun when I can bring them down and share them with him.

    Those cupcakes look AWESOME and so delicious. Mmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Five things that I am loving:

    1. That you posted this, because I love this song and totally couldn't get the melody out of my head, but couldn't remember the lyrics and therefore could not look it up. Thank you!

    That said, items 2-4:
    2. Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz
    3. DDR. I know, it's not new, I'm just shamefully addicted.
    4. Bike riding. Again, shamefully addicted.
    5. Happy Endings on ABC.

    Also, your cupcakes? I don't even eat cupcakes, and that made me want some.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice song! And the cupcakes? SWOON. I wouldn't be opposed ot cupcakes express-mailed ot Japan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH my gosh, this could've been my post. (Except maybe number two because I've never seen it, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. Oh, and I don't bake/cook, but I do like eating pretty things. lol).

    ReplyDelete