Monday, May 16, 2011

Kasie West Is The Best

It's a happy day, friends, which means I'm allowed to have a super cheesy title. Kasie West has a book deal! A two book deal! With HarperTeen! Go party with her!

If you don't know Kasie, she is one of my dearest friends and crit partners. We've practically held each other's hands down this crazy publishing road, both seeing good and bad news at relatively the same time. It's kind of freaky, actually, but also very cool.

I mean, haven't you always wanted to have someone who knew exactly what you were going through? Kasie is that person for me. She got an agent, I got one a few months later. We went on sub at the same time. Our books didn't sell. We both lost our agents, got new ones, and when on sub AGAIN at almost the same time. We're like publishing twins. I love her to death, and without her I'm not sure I would have made it through some of the harder times. She encourages me to keep going everyday with her never ending optimism and humor.

So, Kasie, dear Kasie, congratulations. You deserve all the good news you can get, and I'm SO EXCITED to see Addie in print! I can't wait to celebrate properly!

10 comments:

  1. Stay twins! That would mean your book will sell soon too!

    And congrats to Kasie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you just made me cry. Thank you so much! I love *you* to death. I can't wait to see you soon. And it is so freaky that we've had such a parallel journey. It's crazy. I couldn't have had a better partner in the journey. Thanks for keeping me sane. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww, GROUP HUG! :)

    YAY KASIE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Yay, yay, yayyyyyyyyyy!

    I love your story of being sort of like publishing twins, and am soooo happy for Kasie! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kasie West IS the best. Not cheesy at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys have been so good for each other! I'm seriously excited to celebrate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news! And I'm sure this means that your book deal is just around the corner!!

    ReplyDelete