Thursday, October 11, 2007

Query Query Query

With the synopsis comes the ever daunting query as well. I have one written, but I am not pleased with it at all. I can't seem to write concise enough to explain my story in about two paragraphs, ideally one. And it's really more than explaining it; I have to sell it, make it sound like the most awesome idea out there. Sigh, I swear I'm not giving up on this!

As intimidating as sharing my whole book in a paragraph is, I also have to share about myself. Now if I were already an established writer with books and articles to show off, this may not be so overwhelming. But as a first-time author and a young stay-at-home mom, I feel like my life is so little and short.

I am working on cleaning up this career-changing query today. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Crud, now I'm going through your archives too... There ought to be a group for this. Like AA, only OBARPA:

    Obsessive Blog Archive Reading Procrastinators Anonymous

    o_O

    ReplyDelete