Saturday, July 30, 2011

Post #999!

Monday, guys, will be my 1000th post! Ack. That sounds so ridiculous. That is a lot of rambling to the internets. And I will celebrate that rambling somehow. Probably with prizes. Maybe a video. Definitely some references to old posts. WE SHALL SEE.

Anyway, today is Post-All-Those-Drawings-I've-Been-Too-Lazy-To-Scan Day! YAY. And I didn't even scan them—I took pictures. See? I'm the perfect picture of lazy. (And my scanner is evil, but that's a different story.) The quality is kind of pathetic, sorry, but you get the idea. I promise if you ever run into me, you can see my sketchbook in REAL LIFE if you want. I really don't mind if people ask to look through it, and I most always have it with me.

So, pictures!


This is a Dungeons & Dragons character I drew up when we were playing. She's a bard with an attitude.

This is an attempt to draw my MC from SIDEKICK, Russ. Not that it's bad, I just don't think it looks as much like him as I want it to. He's always been a little hard for me to capture on paper, but this is closer than I've gotten previously.

This is Izzy, Russ' sister, also from SIDEKICK. She's an...eccentric dresser and rabid Otaku (anime fan).

Coco Slater is from my current WIP, BLACK SHEEP, a companion (and totally for fun, self-indulgent novel) to SIDEKICK. She's a musician, and she might be a wee bit obsessed with virtual pet games.

I was in the mood to draw a close up, with big eyes. So this is Worried Big Eye Girl! She has big eyes. And she's worried. I like her. See? I'm not always drawing characters.

Well, that was fun. Off to contemplate the 1000th Post extravaganza thing...

17 comments:

  1. I love the sketches! You really captured Corinne's not-very-patient-with-actual-tree-hugging attitude. Ah, good times. It was tons of fun while it lasted. I'm excited to see the 1000th post extravaganza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the sketch of Corinne. LOVE her outfit and cool attitude.

    Can't wait to see what you have planned for the extravaganza! So excited! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Those are phenomenal. I hope I run into you one day so I can look through more of your stuff. Very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how well you can do anime eyes! I can never get the lighting in them right... SIDEKICK friggin' looks like a fun novel... can't wait to read it someday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful illustrations and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely, particularly the last one. I'm passing them onto my daughter to give her inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never mess with a whip-wielding bard! (nor should you forget to pay her :-P )

    I love the close-up, but I think Izzy's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A thousand posts? Wow - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! I like the D&D character the best but the otaku Izzy is pretty close too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could I run into you at the provo library on aug. 2? I think someone you know will be there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky, why yes, you *could* run into me there:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice weapon choice with the whip there. It's always interesting to play the non-sword-and-bows weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful drawings! Can't wait to hear more about your characters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE Coco. Corinne is pretty awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, Corinne! I love the all the drawings, but she's a personal fave. :) Look, you've made me all wistful now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! First time time looker ( I've glanced at your blog before, but well it was on of my oh look blog moments and then this happened:
    "Is that a pig?"
    Anyway's really good art:)
    Lexi

    ReplyDelete