Thursday, September 1, 2011

Drawings & Droolings

It's been awhile since I got a drawing up here. Again, the scanner. We're on speaking terms, but we have our troubles. The truth is, I still love traditional media. My tablet is great, but for some reason it's not as cathartic as pencil on paper. And since I do draw as a hobby and intend to keep it that way, enjoyment is the main factor here.

This girl isn't anyone in particular, though I think Izzy from SIDEKICK wouldn't have a problem stealing this outfit. I get in these moods where I just want to draw frilly stuff. Bows and poofs and lace. Okay, and corsets. So I sketched this during church, and I thought she turned out cute.

Speaking of cute...well, not really. *I* think it's cute, but it's also brilliant and something I want really, really bad—the Wacom Inkling:


Isn't that the Coolest Thing EVER? I'm drooling over it. That cute little thing would make my drawing life so much more convenient. No more scanner! My sketches transferred right to my computer all pretty and ready to go! Of course, I'm still slightly skeptical about just how well it'd work, but I'm DYING to try it out. Dying.

14 comments:

  1. That putting pen to paper feeling is why I hand-write all my stories :) If only getting all those words into the computer was as easy as scanning though :P

    Cute sketch! I love her little hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! If the pen lives up to the hype, it'll be friggin' awesome for illustration!

    (And I *love* the hat in that sketch!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her hair! Probably all the frills and fuss are fun to draw b/c they're so intricate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketch is a-mazing! I love her delicate, anime face. And the details in her clothing and hair are fantastic. You're so talented!!

    And Inkling? OMG that's awesome! I love that you can create layers, so essential to digital manipulation. I have a bad case of the "I-Wants" now too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH. MY. GOD. That thing looks AWESOME. And great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute looking girl you've drawn there - reckon she'd be a handful though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is late...but Congratulations on your book deal! I can't wait to read it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooh! I know what I want for christmas now! Dare I go see how much such a toy would cost? lol. Lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the drawing and that computer thing sounds like it's easier than a scanner. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. -Hyperventilating about the Inkling- I've never heard of this but I NEED IT IMMEDIATELY. Sad thing is probably won't help in the least when it comes to scanning in color. And it's @$200. Also, it functions only as a ballpoint pen, so no erasing, but still, BRILLIANT.

    What kind of tablet do you use? I'm passionately in love with my Intuos4, but I use it mostly for painting, rather than sketching. (Can't beat pen and paper for control and a kind of this-is-actually-being-put-down dedication.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes nothing suits like a great corset.

    Even in real life.

    And the drawing... wow, if only I could be that productive in church! That's it, I should really bring my drawing pad in and draw during the sermon! Then I'd get something out of it even if the minister didn't say anything profound.

    ReplyDelete