Friday, January 20, 2012

I Really Was That Bad

If you want a sneak peak into just how bad my early writing was, head on over to Friday The Thirteeners, where I have posted a video of me reading said bad writing.

While it was humiliating, it was also a bit of a confidence booster to see how much I have grown over the years. Sometimes it doesn't feel like the work is helping you improve, but it is. I may not be some amazing author people will laud when I'm dead, but I am a better author than I ever have been. I can live with that.

4 comments:

  1. Hmm. Wasn't my D&D character named Linnea? That explains why she wasn't as pretty as the rest of you--she must have picked the wrong thighs. :)

    Thanks for sharing that. I'm terrified to even look at my first attempts at writing, much less sharing them with anyone, so kudos to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I love owning my past-suck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. The more we write the better we get. I feel like I have gotten better since I started writing in October.

    My first ever attempt at writing was when I was 13 years old. I tried to write a R.L. Stine type book. Now looking back at it I realize the story wasn't very good, but I enjoyed writing it. Isn't that what really matters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I think of my early writings, I cringe at how bad it was. That's the great thing about practice and time: seeing how far we've come since then!

    ReplyDelete