Monday, April 9, 2012

My Life In Google Searches

I thought I'd try a new feature on the blog, because heck, I have been running incredibly dry on the blog content lately. And time. But I want to keep up this blog and let you all know a little bit about what's going on with me (At least what I'm allowed to tell!).

So I thought it might be fun to post some of my Google searches over the past month. Nothing like a Google search to reveal what a person is doing with their life, right? Right.

Of course these aren't ALL my Google searches in March, but here are some highlights:

• When does Legend Of Korra come out?

• Xout

• I don't know what to name my baby

• Inigo Montoya quotes

• Diet Mountain Dew Code Red discontinued?

• Coconut Cream Pie Recipe

• Black spot on goldfish head

• Monterey Bay Aquarium

• Mika name meaning

• Koi AF Utah

• How to peel a hard boiled egg

• Cypress trees

Yup, that pretty much sums up my life right there, minus the sickness and Ninja Girl stitches and other writing-related things that cannot be mentioned. Ah, Google. Good times.

13 comments:

  1. IS code red discontinued? What is the meaning of Mika? What's the best cream pie recipe you found? You can't pose all these questions and leave them unanswered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, all the answers are a Google search away:P But, Diet Code Red is NOT discontinued, they just make less of it so it can be hard to find. Mika means beautiful scent in Japanese (and might just be my new MC's name). And I wasn't super impressed with any of the coconut cream pie recipes I found:(

      Delete
  2. I love this! I don't know what to name my baby either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LEGEND OF KORRA <3

    Incredibly likely searches about that show have taken up the majority of my Google time in the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun blog post. Crazy how informative just your search terms can be. i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. Like the goldfish one. Recently I've been googling frogs as my son won one in a school lottery and on how to boil the perfect hard boiled egg ( for Easter ) you could ave done the A-Z challenge, that would kkeep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I only work for Vizzini to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge."

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite is the black spot on goldfish head one. What does it mean if the goldfish has a black spot on its head? I have to admit that sometimes I Google celebrities when I'm bored, particularly the ones that keep getting arrested. It's shameful of me, I know, especially because I don't like the way a lot of the paparazzi and other celebrity media treat celebrities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I took a look at my Google search terms yesterday, but most of mine were boring. The only interesting one was, "What band did Nancy Kelley break up?" Yep, I'm a killer of artistic dreams and I didn't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you know you can download the first two episodes of Legend of Korra from iTunes right now? Awesomeness. (I know, shameless plug, but Legend of Korra looks really great already, so EXCITED for the rest of the season).

    *cough*

    I'll now go back to my calmer, less crazy fan girl self in a minute...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think writers have the most unique and eclectic google searches. Some of my Google searches: James Harrison's eye, Japan's Flag, ADS Security, and directions from the British Museum to the London Zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My searches are a little more...destructive. For instance, "Do bomb explosions always result in fires?" Scary, I know. But I need a building to blow up in my current WIP, and I want to do it accurately. The devil is always in the details. :D

    ReplyDelete