Tuesday, April 17, 2012

To The Edit Cave!

My first ever copy edits have arrived! I'm totally panicking over how fast I have to get them back to Harper! And, for added difficulty, I can't sit in a chair without labored breathing and numb legs! Woot.

BUT.

Despite the crazy and hermit-ness to come in the next several days, I wanted to let you know that I have a very special post coming up on Friday, the 20th. Because it will be the 1-year Anniversary of the offer on TRANSPARENT, and you all know how I like to wax nostalgic about that kind of stuff.

If you are dying to know what the first year post-book-deal is like, please don't miss it. I will, of course, be far more candid than I should. And bonus! I'll be totally loopy from copy edits!

9 comments:

  1. So Exciting! Good Luck, will be thinking of you! Another notch in your author belt! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait!! Good luck in the edit cave...you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! Best of luck with the editing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As long as you don your matching editing cape and spectacles, the editing cave should hold no fear for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to Friday's post and to Transparent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy it!

    When I first read those words "get them back to Harper", I found myself thinking of the control freak PM currently running my country, instead of the publishing company!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to Friday. Congratulations on number three by the way. Yes, I know, I'm a tad behind the times. But I'm trying to catch up. I honestly can't wait to read your book. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the best book ever. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. May I suggest getting a balance ball and sitting on that while you work instead of a regular chair? It might help with the numbness issue, among other things :D

    Being loopy can be interesting if nothing else. Also, it tends to make other people laugh, so that's a plus, right? :)p

    ReplyDelete