Monday, July 22, 2013

Ivy-Covered ARCs!


There is nothing quite like getting this package, I must admit. At a time when I've been struggling with my validity as a writer, today was a big day of remembering, "Holy crap, yeah I'm a writer!" I feel like I've been dreaming it for so long I'm having trouble accepting it as reality, as if I've made it all up with my wild imagination.


Tada! I was certainly beaming seeing all those pretty ARCs with that pretty cover and whoa my name's on it! I have loved this cover from its inception, but seeing the hard copies took it to another level. It is just so perfect for the book, and I feel so lucky.


Front and back covers—I can't get over the color scheme, and it was so fun to sign a few of these for the very first time. Of course I used a matching teal Sharpie. I always get a kick out of the lofty awesome authors they compare you to on the back of an ARC. With TRANSPARENT I got compared to the lovely Steph Perkins and Richelle Mead. This time, HOUSE OF IVY & SORROW is compared to the formidable Maggie Stiefvater and the TV show Charmed. I find this infinitely entertaining. Sure hope to live up to that!

I really love this book. It's about witches and such, but it's so personal that I probably won't ever be able to read reviews about it. Not because I will be offended or anything, but because I have such a close relationship with it that I don't want to alter it with other opinions. TRANSPARENT was a book born of hardship and down right struggle. HOUSE OF IVY & SORROW was, ironically, born of joy, both joy about my own life and joy in my words.

I'm so happy it's a Real Thing that I can hold now.

17 comments:

  1. The cover is gorgeous!!! Eeep! So excited!! It's sooo loooong till April, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! They look great! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking book--congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Natalie! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! So lovely *_^ and Charmed! That is sooo cool Natalie, enjoy the moment, IKm happy this book in particular came from a happy place within you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Natalie! It's GORGEOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! (And those ARE some big comparisons.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Words can't compare to the feelings I have about this book. So very SPECIAL just doesn't seem adequate!!! Just know that this book for me touches my heart like no other. Maybe it's because I know the inside story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Can't wait to get my hands on this one. :) It sounds like all the things I love. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Natalie--it's gorgeous. I'm glad your package finally arrived:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Being compared to Maggie Steifvater would make me over the moon delirious w/joy! Congrats, they look beautiful, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful!! So excited to read your book! Yay for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I love the cover. Can't wait to read it next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so excited about this book I'm in PAIN looking at those ARCS.

    ReplyDelete