Sometimes my brain goes out of control. Instead of having like one major idea for a post, it's just all over the place. Hey, my brain can't be awesome everyday. It's tiring, frankly. So, a peek into what's going on in there today:
• SCBWI LA is happening this week. I am not in LA. Kiersten and Steph and a bunch of other cool people ARE in LA/will be. *insert copious whining here* That's the blessing/curse of the internet, folks. Sometimes it's so cool to see what other people are doing, but then sometimes you just want to be there too! Gah. Better stop there.
• At least I'm going to San Francisco next Friday! This soothes the envy monster very well. I am probably meeting a certain agent, and I get to spend the whole long weekend with Kasie. Woot. ALSO, The Dread Pirate Sara is coming to visit ME in September! So I have plenty to be happy about. Take that, SCBWI LA.
• The Ninja Girl has become a Tinkerbell nazi. If it's not on, things get ugly. I have taken to rewriting it in my head as YA to quell the insanity. Terrance, Bobble, Tinkerbell love triangle FTW! Yeah, that's how many times I've watched Tinkerbell and the sequel in the past month. (And yet I'm secretly excited for the third one to come out.)
• I now have about 10 chapters until the rewrite of Transparent is finished. Three of those chapters will be lifted/edited from the old draft. That means I'm so freaking close to done! I can hardly believe it. Something else I can't believe? This book is good. Of course there's still a lot of work to do, but it's so much better than it was before.
• Being an adult sucks. It's all the little stuff that adds up—calling insurance companies, scheduling appointments, cleaning up barf, taxes, shopping. When you're a kid, if you don't do it you can count on someone else covering your back (i.e. Mom). Now? Freaking crap, I AM the mom, the maid, the cook, the gardener, etc. Go hug your moms for all that stuff they did for you.
• My hair is taking forever to grow. If you didn't know, I'm growing it out for Locks of Love. I've come a long way (about 6 inches), but I need at least 4 inches more. It's driving me crazy. My hair hasn't been this long since like 7th grade. I was never really taught how to deal with long hair! I keep getting it caught on stuff. Or it falls in my food. Or I smack someone with it when I flip it over my shoulder. I need training—I missed this section of girl school.
• I wish I could write right now. But at the same time waiting until nap time gets me so antsy that I think I work harder with the time I have. Working on a timer really lights a fire under my butt. It's weird. If I don't have some kind of deadline or goal, I just don't write at all and I get really depressed and stuff. It's like I'm an over achiever or something.
This concludes Inside My Brain Wednesday, the non-series that sounds like one. (I promise I will not torture you by doing this weekly, don't worry.)