Saturday, July 31, 2010

Saturday Bonus Sketch!

Hello, Miles McClean. How did I not get around to drawing you sooner? I love you and your worthless ability to replicate scents. Miles is one of Fiona's older brothers. Also, her best friend. He might seem easy going—the guy you'd always underestimate. But that's just the way he likes it.

I'm not sure who will be next in The Guys of Transparent, but I sure am having fun. I know I've said it before, but drawing my characters always helps me get to know them better. Just thinking about what they wear, how they might pose, their expression—it adds depth for me.

Should we have a vote on who gets drawn next? You could have:

Graham, Fiona's evil brother who also flies.

Carlos, a slightly pervy boy with night vision.

Or Brady, Seth's super strong (and hot) younger brother.

There are a lot of boys in this book...

What can I say? I like to write boys! Even when my MC is a girl, a lot of boys end up as secondary characters. I never really got girls growing up—the drama and stuff. I was the kid who got shunned from girl groups. Maybe that's why. I hung out with my brother's friends, liked hanging out with guys.

Anyway, rambling. I do that sometimes.

20 comments:

  1. I vote for Graham! Nice job on Miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could draw. It would be so much fun to be able to translate the people in my head to pictures on paper. Alas.

    My vote is for Graham, too! Evil flying brother FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta cast my vote for Graham as well..evil flying brothers rule.

    (But I kind of want to see Carlos, too.....)

    thanks for posting your illustrations!

    (It gives me something else to look at besides the SCBWI blog....even though I am supposed to be writing today....)

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  5. BRADY! BRADY! BRADY

    Your awesomeness never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo lovely. You are so very talented.

    I vote for the evil one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, I want to see how you draw a pervy boy :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brady for sure. I'm shocked you haven't drawn Brady yet, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh. I wish I could draw as well as you. I would love to have a picture of my MC.

    You have some great options there, but I'm going to have to vote for Graham. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote Graham! And I love Miles' name, shirt, and hair. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Graham. These are great, I really like looking at your sketches.

    And, I totally get the many secondary boy characters thing... My seven mainish characters? Five are boys. Two are girls. In highschool I hung out with a lot of boys and few girls and I guess that leaks into my writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Graham, and I know what you mean about not understanding the drama.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely Brady!

    You have great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, tough one. Hmmm.

    Okay, I guess I'm leaning to Graham. I want to see you do evil. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your description of the character. A worthless ability combined with the fact that he's a best friend and NOT a potential love interest? Fascinating.

    I vote Graham too, but the way the vote's going it looks like I don't need to ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great drawing! I vote for Graham!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i vote for graham. and then carlos. and then brady. give them ALL to us, please.

    love your drawings! love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, that vote was far more lopsided than I thought it'd be. Graham it is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your drawings! I wish I could try my characters. What great talents you have!
    I want to see Brady.

    ReplyDelete