Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Back To Business

I took my vacation very seriously. I ate lots of pumpkin pie (and then went to the gym to work it off). I slept in. I played Warcraft in copious amounts (the new Cataclysm lowbie stuff is awesome!). I even read an ARC of Julie Halpern's DON'T STOP NOW, which was amazing and fun and I will talk about in more detail soon. Vacation rocked. So much so that I am struggling to convince myself back into working.

But to work I must go. There is a book to be edited—Transparent. This book has been my nemesis this year, so the thought of going back into it kind of makes me want to rip my hair out. That's not to say it's a bad book—I actually think it's one of my best—we just have a rocky emotional history. I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm talking about.

And if you didn't know, TWO of my friends have books coming out this week! You may have heard about a little book called MATCHED? By Ally Condie? Yeah, out today! Then there is my dear friend Stephanie Perkins' ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS coming out December 2nd (though I've heard it's already shipped from B&N and is in many stores already)! Guys, you want these books. Trust me.

Also, it's the last day for NaNoReaMo! I, uh, didn't finish my goal of 12 books read, but I did finish 8! I'm pretty happy with that, seeing as I also wrote more than half a book this month. All in all, a very productive and good November for me. I'm on a mental high (which is also why I dread opening up the revisions...ack).

I will be back to regular posting this week. I'm sure you are SO excited, because your life was basically meaningless without my posts to read everyday. Sorry about that. Wait...what? You didn't even notice or care? Oh, well, okay. I guess that's...healthy.

8 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your vacation! Good luck getting back to the grind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the editing! I'm starting in on a project I put away months ago and it's making me want to hide and play more video games (which I also did over the break). Good luck with getting back into working again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol. Aww, we notice and care! And YAY, I'm excited about those two books as well. But get editing, girlie, because I'm waiting for YOUR book to get to shelf too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We do miss you when you're gone, but are glad when you get to eat pie AND work out AND write a book. Here comes a big fat pat on the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaay! You're back!

    But I'm happy you had a real vacation.

    Thank you, as always, for your generous support. ♥ And I'm so excited to buy my own beautiful copy of MATCHED!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read MATCHED. And also, yea for regular postings again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back. Good luck with your revisions. I'm here typing this and totally stalling. I'm in revisions too and I "ack" them as well. Thanks for the heads up on the new books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete