Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekend Sketch: Lucy & Parrot


So this picture has been a LONG time coming. Poor Carrie Kei Heim Binas won a contest of mine last year, tried to cash in on her prize sometime this fall, and it took me until now to finally finish!

This is Lucy and her parrot from a short story she wrote. I don't know much about the story, save the fact that Lucy is the fallen angel in charge of Hell. Sounds cool to me!

I hope you like it, Carrie! I'm happy with how it turned out. (P.S. I know the background isn't fiery, but I wanted her to stand out. Hope that's okay.)

13 comments:

  1. Whoa, totally worth the wait. (Well, okay, I guess Carrie should be the judge of that.) But this girl looks awesome!! Love the stance and the lighting/shading of the clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE her hair. Can I get pins like that to hold my hair back? That girl has attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hair pins ARE kinda awesome. What's a fallen angel doing with a parrot, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well fiery or not, I love the background. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, you are a lady of many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine anyone NOT liking it. Gorgeous work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. Are the hair pins weapons?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing. Can you do my next cover? Just strap a gun onto her leg and turn the bird into a pharmacist zombie. And definitely keep the hair pin weapons...

    Btw, I agree with Jessie, that background is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore it! The hair pins are indeed daggers and pins and other weapons, and large parts of Hell (in this story) are wastelands and cragged cold mountains rather than fire, so the background is perfect. Thank you so much, Natalie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like it, reckon it could do with a bit more sass though, she's just kinda standing there and appears more or less characterless. nice start though! keep it up x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know, I think it's fine for non-erotica. In fact, if she had more sass I think it would be overly blatant.

    ReplyDelete