Friday, October 7, 2011

Happy Writers: Finding What Works For You

NOW I'm officially done with edits! I sent them off to my editor and everything! Eep. I am mostly excited and mildly sick at the thought.

BUT, I wanted to point you guys to a wonderful series on non-traditional publishing avenues on Sarah Lapolla's blog. My friend Michelle was featured today, talking about her experiences in both self-publishing and small press.

I truly believe there is a publishing path out there for everyone, and that all of them hold success and happiness if they're the right fit. I really hope in these changing waters that we can make room for everyone and enjoy the many ways we can get our stories out there, and that we can respect each person's personal choice in how they do that.

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more, Natalie. I get kind of ticked off when I see someone say that any one way is the only path to take. We're all on our own journeys. Different options suit different people best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the completion of editing! You're my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we tend to attack when we are unsure about our own choice. The truth is, though, we have a lot of options, and each kind of book has different possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing the edits! So exciting!

    I agree 100%--everyone has a different journey and our paths will be different. Whether we self-publish or go traditional isn't important--what's important is that we do what we feel is best for our careers and support each other along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your edits!
    I went the small publisher route and couldn't be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link, and congratulations on finishing the edits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree. We all have different goals set for ourselves, and we shouldn't devalue anyone else's accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete