Monday, May 31, 2010

Mini Writing/Editing Workshop

I like to give back to other writers. I love helping when I can, since I've gotten so much help from the writing community myself. I often wish I could help more. This week I want to try a little writing/editing workshop, and I hope you'll be interested in participating.

I think seeing the process and evolution of a piece can be extremely educational, so this week I'd like to invite a few participants to have their work publicly critiqued on my blog.

If you are willing, please submit the first 500 words of your WIP to natalie(at)nataliewhipple(dot)com. I will take the first three submissions, and on Friday I will post my own for you guys to gut. It's only fair, right?

For those whose pieces are chosen, I will inform you today when your piece will be going up. That way you can be prepared:) I will gladly post new versions as we work through your piece as well as comment on those.

I'm excited—I hope you are!

21 comments:

  1. Soo cool! Thanks so much for giving us this opportunity! I'm sending in my 500 words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sincerely hope this isn't just for YA books...sending now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sent my first 462 words (as it has a more natural conclusion than the 5oo mark). Thank you so much for this chance, even if I'm not one of the first three, I really think this is a great thing you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea. The line edits by Nathan B. on his blog have been really inspiring to me - can't wait to see yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Look forward to this. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys! The three spots for this round have been filled, but I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this again:)

    Thanks so much for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw darn, I just sent mine and when I hit post a comment I see that it's all full. Oh well. Thanks for doing this Natalie! I can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is amazing that you're doing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely LOVE this idea! I can't wait to see the entries and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I missed this opportunity. That'll teach me to have lunch with the family! - Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww Natalie this is so wonderful of you! I can't wait to see what comes next!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see the results. Natalie, you are awesome and giving and all things wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's amazing how much you give back. I hope that when I reach your level of expertise, I can be as helpful to those around me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great, Natalie. I wish I'd gotten here sooner, but I'm excited to see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, I love this idea! Very generous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so awesome to do this! Can't wait to see the results. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, you're awesome :) Thanks for doing this. And I look forward to reading your own. This is such a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bummer! I missed it! Could you send me an email to warn me the next time so I don't take a day off from the internet? ;)

    ReplyDelete