Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Good Stuff

I keep being busy. I guess that's what I get for complaining that I'm bored, because I'm certainly not that very often anymore. Which is great! I've been making over my living room and traveling and writing and having lunch with one my favorite people. I've been doing yoga and playing soccer mom and cooking and going to book signings. It's been an amazing summer full of amazing stuff.

I just need a nap is all.

For my usual "inspirational" mumbo jumbo (I like to call it thinly veiled whining, hehe), please head on over to Adventures In Children's Publishing today. I talk about my dreams and how bringing them to fruition didn't exactly go as planned, but it turned out well in the end anyway.

Also, I'm a little late to this thanks to that 1k posts thing, but you MUST go congratulate my dear friend Jenn Johansson on selling her first novel in GERMANY. She has great stuff to say about selling foreign first and what, exactly, a literary scout can do for you. I am so very excited that INSOMNIA will be published—YA psychological horror/thriller FTW!

And finally, I just got my hands on Laini Taylor's DAUGHTER OF SMOKE AND BONE. I absolutely adored LIPS TOUCH, and I can't wait to dig into this baby. If you don't know of Laini, you should. Her blog is one of my favorites, because she always posts the prettiest, most inspirational pictures. If I could steal someone's life, it might just be hers (Which is kind of creepy, sorry, Laini!).

That's about it from me. It's stormy, and I can't help but snuggle up in bed with a book. It must be done.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, Natalie, enjoy Daughter of Smoke and Bone!! That's one of the best books I've read all year! And, stormy weather? PERFECT for that one. (I miss storms. And rain, in general. And clouds.)(It's been a very hot, very dry, very sunny summer here in Texas!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get my hands on Daughter of Smoke and Bone... I adore Laini Taylor, actually I might have a writerly crush on her... wait, I do have a crush on her. her writing is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Girl! I so want to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone! I've been following Laini's blog for a while, and have an amazing girl crush on her awesomeness. But to my shame i've yet to read any of her books. I need to remedy that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooved your post at Adventure's in Children's Publishing, and sooooo jealous of your snagging Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I too adored Lips Touch and can't wait to read more by Laini.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! Thanks for the shout out, Natalie! :) You're so sweet and you're 1000th post vlog was worth being pushed back for. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on the sale Natalie -- woot! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleep? I remember sleep. I think I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natalie, you are so inspiring! It will be lovely to see your book in print.

    ReplyDelete