Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weekend Sketchy Sketch

I whipped out the colored pencils today, since it had been awhile. Boy, were my kids entranced! It was so cute see them watching so intently, especially my daughter. I'm not gonna lie, I hope a little bit that she'll be an artist (Though totally fine if she isn't!). She likes to color so much already, and she thinks my drawing tablet is about the coolest thing ever.

Anyway, this is Daphne from SIDEKICK. I've drawn her before, but this picture is a different side of her. She's one of my favorite imaginary people, the kind of girl anyone would be lucky to have as a friend. Also, black belt in Judo.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good chica to have around! Love the drawing. It's adorable your kids love to watch you draw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute that she watches you draw. Being exposed to something early in life is a huge factor for becoming proficient at it later on. :)

    And that's a great drawing. I love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You sure made an impact on the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her style! And her apparent spunk/sass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also hope my daughter becomes an artist. She draws as obsessively as I wrote at her age...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I have artistic children. Wish I knew where they got it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your drawings, about to try to illustrate one of my children's books, wish me luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could draw! Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete