Monday, February 13, 2012

LTUE, Pinterest, and a Contest

I got to spend my weekend with some of my favorite people in the world, thanks to the LTUE (Life, The Universe, and Everything) conference. It was such a blast to hang out with my writer friends and to meet new friends! I even ended up doing a reading of TRANSPARENT (Thank you Jared and Lynn and Megan for coming to listen!) and subbed in on a panel with Kasie West, James Dashner, and Bree Despain. I felt so not qualified, but it was awesome all the same. I guess I'm really going to have to get used to being seen as an author person. Weird.

In other news, I have finally decided to join another social-ish networking type site—Pinterest. You can find me here if you're on there. I actually first heard of this site through my mom. She's totally up on the tech stuff, and she's been using it for awhile now to organize her quilting ideas and to find other cool things. So far it's been really user-friendly and fun. Also, it seems like a cool way to organize inspiration and thoughts, like an online filing cabinet or something. Basically, it's something I can manage, and it's been quite a long time since I felt that way about a new "social networking" site.

And finally, Kiersten White is having a Valentine's contest for the ENTIRE PARANORMALCY SERIES. I highly encourage checking it out, since it's still several months before you can officially buy the last in the series.

Okay, back to wasting time on Pinterest:)

13 comments:

  1. Ack! I just forced myself to get off Pinterest and check twitter...then I see this. I had to go back and follow you! I'm proud of myself for only spending another minute after that. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime, Natalie! Great meeting you in person! =D

    Oh, and BTW, you did great! Don't stress it. Can't wait for TRANSPARENT to come out; I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, lookit you and your baby bump! So happy! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pinterest is the BEST! And it was so fun meeting you! I'm sad I missed your reading though. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for Pinterest! I'm on there all the time. I've even done some projects from it. I am going to follow you now. And I'm so sad I missed the conference! It looks like you all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. *Discovered Pinterest a few weeks ago, thanks to my daughter. She's had a 'Pinterest Cooking Party' with some of her friends - making some of the recipes they've found on line. It's a fun distraction, but so far I've managed to not obsess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I got to finally meet you in person at LTUE, even for just a brief moment. You and your preggie bump are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, glad you had a blast at LTUE! And yes, you are an official writer-person. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was great meeting you in person! Pinterest is awesome! I could spend hours on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun week! Seeing you always makes me happy, and you were amazing at your reading and on that panel. An absolute natural.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that picture. All people I want to meet. happy valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been avoiding even checking out Pinterest because I'm so afraid it will just be another time suck that I'd rather spend on writing and reading, but it seems that at some point I will cave because I do like the idea of being able to put up pics that inspire my writing and life in general.

    ReplyDelete