Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Just...Yeah

So I planned on doing this query thing for the next few days, but stuff happened today. Some stuff that made me feel really insecure, some that stressed me out to no end, and some that made me cry and cry.

The last I'll share, and it's this: L.K. Madigan died today.

I didn't know her personally, but FLASH BURNOUT was such an inspiration to me. It taught me a lot about life and a lot about writing. It made me want to write, to push myself to be that good. And in all honesty, I would not have had the courage to write SIDEKICK if I hadn't read Blake's story.

So basically, I'm a mess.

Lisa was one of my heroes. I will always think of her when I think of my book. And if you haven't read her work, you really should.

I'll be going dark the rest of the week. Go hug the people you love.

17 comments:

  1. Natalie, hugs to you, too! <3

    You're an amazing writer and an amazing woman. And we'll see you next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's so sad about Lisa.

    Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sad! I just read her last post. She's so brave and honest. What a good person. I'm sure she'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sad... :( I just read her last blog post and bawled. Life is so precious...I will be giving those extra hugs to my dear husband tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( I am so sad to hear this. I'd read that entry a while back, didn't realise it would happen so soon though. Rest in peace L.K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry. :( She sounds like an amazing woman and writer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad to hear, it feels like I just read her last post only a few days ago.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. L.K. fought a long hard battle. It's sad that she had to battle cancer at all. At least she isn't suffering anymore. I'm just thinking of her family right now. *Hugs* for you Natalie for losing someone that inspired you so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you had such a stressful day. My day was pitiful as well. I hope today is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will make it a point to read her work, to honor her memory.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sad about this also. Take care of yourself. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  12. *hugs* Take care, as you do so many here online.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes life just suck. Take care of yourself. We'll be here when you get back.

    /hug

    ReplyDelete
  14. Know you're loved and that you've inspired many writers yourself (like me).

    So unfair about L.K.. Just so stinkin' unfair.
    Go hug your ninjas; I'll be hugging mine. Like Cat said, we'll be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope you feel better! I know it isn't the same but Princess Di was my idol growing up. I was seventeen when she died and I was crushed for weeks. Oddly I asked her for strength from time and time again, maybe not just like prayers, but it made me feel better. I just found your blog and I am looking forward to reading it more!

    ReplyDelete